Wednesday, November 19, 2008

11/17/2008 - Monday

I stayed with Terumi most of the day. He had a dressing change, and morphine, which always leaves him a little loopy and confused. The nurse said he had been confused before they gave it to him, though. With every day the same, I'm feeling that way, too.

This day went by in a haze of nothing. He's being quite good. We watched the news, but he's not really interested in TV. I found the books he wanted and brought them, along with every pair of glasses he has. He chose the glasses, and might have read a little in one of the books. I know he's not sleeping well, but then -- he never did.

Terumi is still demanding ice cream. When Dr. Feldman came by, which is the highlight of his day, Doctor said, "When you can have ice cream, I'll bring it to you myself!!"

Taketo came to visit and kindly drove me home. Little does Terumi know what a BIG surprise he's going to get tomorrow. I'm hoping it will boost his spirits up quite a bit. Taketo also saw him watching everybody who comes in the door of the SICU, and thought it would be better not to tell him what is about to happen. If he knew Shiro was coming, he'd be on tenterhooks every time somebody opened the door.

No comments: