Saturday, November 15, 2008

11/14/2008 - Spartacus!

Since it's Saturday, it took a long time to get to the hospital. I yelled at the cab drivers, but it didn't do much good.

Terumi seemed very subdued when I came in, but then he has always been tired the day after surgery. Who wouldn't be. He was wearing a mask, so the breathing tube was out, and a little later they took the mask off, too and left the oxygen thing in his nose. I combed his hair, and he asked me if I could wipe his face, too. He can hardly speak, but his voice is still there, and will be back.

I told him I was going out for a minute, and came back with Taketo, which made him happy. Taketo said he was like Spartacus, but was very relieved at how good he looks. Mercifully, he took me home, so I didn't have to deal with the cabs, LIRR or subways. He said he'll try to come again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did not think about the commute you have to do back and forth! It must exhaust you! I am glad you got a ride home back.